Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthoral seth
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010

Willie I agree, no penalty stroke for ball hit into woods. Let the rattle snakes eat them, they will think they are quail eggs.
    Al - I put new Ghost Ring sights on both my 45-70 rifles today. You could carry one and Gregh could carry the other. Then you both could guard Willie while he's looking for his balls...
    • CommentAuthorWillie
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010

Which is worse? Being eaten by a bear, or having two 45-70 slugs in me. This is going to be a rough game. Maybe I'll invite Tiger Wood's wife to be my caddy. I hear she swings a mean 5-iron.
    Big Al, Solar Steve, don't think I can make the trip this early in the year, still reeling from financial adjustments the new Hawaiian guy has made, Use to cost me a dollar for medical visits with Ross loos insurance, now it cost me over hundred a month from my pay and $97 from my gov check to see a doctor which the guy in front of me in doctors line pays $35 for a visit, and I only have to pay $33.00 for the same service since I have the new health care coverage and get a deal. (I asked the Irianian next to me and he says his visits are free and he gets around 3000 a month for being here. ) Anyway if you want to make a trip in July I probably could make it, I think and pray things will clear up by then. Steve I returned my call on sunday but thought the date of visit was in late May. Have a nice time Al and steve hope I can make it in July if ok with Steve. Ron
    • CommentAuthoral seth
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2010

Ronnie,sorry to hear you can't make the trip up north. I can't make it in July. betty and I are going up to see Gregh and Willie at the end of June and won't be back from our trip until about July 10th. Make sure you make it to the BBQ first saturday o August. As I am writing this I am watching the Dodgers get beat by the Pirates 8 to 2 in the 6th inning. The weather is better in Pittsburg then it is here..
    • CommentAuthorgregh
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010

Well golf is still a bit of time away. 10" of new snow on course, elevation about 250 feet higher than at house. We got 4-6" but today over 50 degrees and snow is going quickly. But wait new storm tomorrow. But wait fishing is fantastic! Went to a local spring creek pay for fish ranch. Owner took the attached picture. Notice 10 gallon Stetson against the paw print size. Oh yes they are out there. Thank god golf course is just on other side of river.
    • CommentAuthorgregh

Willie & Tom-

My neighbor is a retired camera man from MGM. His life long friends have a ranch on Madison River. We are going there for a BBQ in early July. Place is just North of the Cameron Bridge. Bob is certain I will get fishing access from them. They are New Yorkers too, old home week. The place is a mere 88,000 acres. Guess where we can fish down the road if it works out?
    Gregh - I wasn't aware that fish leave such big paw prints in the snow.
    • CommentAuthorWillie

Don't the bears hibernate over there? When they come out they are usually hungry. You'd better look over your shoulder while fishing. How far is your friend's ranch from Island Park? Is it a day trip?
    you are all invited to my place on the 29th to go to SF if you like. Ron T., we'll pick up your tab if you can make it, I owe you that for the door I ruined on your car in TJ some 45 years ago. oh my god, did we have wild fun then....
    • CommentAuthorgregh
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010

Willie-

Ranch is about 75 miles from Island Park. But I will not meet owners until 7/4. Then I hope, per Bob my neighbor, to come away with fishing access. My neighbor worked with the owner for 30 years, both were camermen for MGM. The owner of ranch was wealthy from his parents, they own some NY City High Rise, etc. Their son, camerman, also patented some cameras and related filming equip and made more $. They spend about 4 mo a year at ranch. Rest of time in NY City. If all goes well we will fish there before snow flies this fall. OK?
    • CommentAuthorgregh
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010

Ron-

Bear paw prints mean they are eating fish at rivers for hyperphasia, fattening up for winter. Picture was taken at the MZ Ranch on East Gallatin River last October. Just before hibernation. Although bears in the Gallatin Valley have no need to hibernate except for short time. They den-up for baring cubs. Was not kidding the picture was taken on East Gallatin River just accross from Bridger Creek Golf Club, where we will be playing. It is about 15 minutes from house.
    • CommentAuthorgregh
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010

Hey men! Cottonwood Golf Course open. Went and hit bucket of balls, putting some on Sat. Some snow tonight forecasted? Spring does exist out there somewhere!
    • CommentAuthorWillie

Did you see the Masters? What a beautiful course. It makes me want to play golf. The courses here usually open on Memorial Day.
    • CommentAuthoral seth

We just got back from San Jose saturday. We went to the Winchester Mystery House, it was very interesting. Gregh and Pat you would have enjoyed it just for the display of every rifle Winchester ever made, and they made a helluva lot of different models.. Gregh I googled Bridger Creek Golf Course and was able to view all 18 holes. I think I can break 110. If Willie isn't looking over his shoulder for bears he should shoot in the 80's. Anything hotter then that he won't play.... The Masters was great. I was glad to see Phil win it. If he had not won it I would have liked to see Anthony Kim sneak in there. For a small guy he hits the ball along way.
    • CommentAuthorgregh

Hit another bucket of golf balls today and used the putting green (in bad early shape) Cottonwood needs maint. Bridger not open yet. Will hit there as soon as it opens, for real. Drove up one Sunday and looked over the course. Snow on much of it. Driving back from cottonwood and within a block of home, there were a good 20 deer munching on some lawns. Turkey season opened up this last weekend. Joined NWTF Org. will hunt next spring, no time this year. Going over to Madison River Valley to scout River and watch wildlife migrations. it is about 45min from here. Herds of Elk, Deer, Antelope, Bison, etc. winter in the valley. Also, per neighbor mucho rattlers along river about now on til winter. Guess I will keep eyes out for them.
    Lots of Turkeys here in San Diego. I will keep in touch Steve and Al and all, Have you heard from Fagan? Have to get back to work on their PC. Ron
    • CommentAuthorWillie
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010

I just called Bill Fagan. He is fine, and says hello.

Greg, keep an eye on those elk. I want to know where they go in the fall.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat Chambers
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010 edited

Willie - Don't you know that come hunting season Elk go where all the missing socks from your dryer go?

I got a 'new' reloading press made by the Hollywood Gun Shop. This thing is almost big enough to load guided missles. When it gets here I'll post a picture. This particular press was probably made after WWII and by 1950.
    • CommentAuthorWillie
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010

Why do you need such big reloading equipment? Are you forming a militia?
    Nope, they just made them big before we were born. Actually I am fasinated by the equipment both modern and antique. Also the old stuff is still quite useable and in some ways better than the modern stuff. Kind of like comparing a 1938 Packard to the current model Packard.
    • CommentAuthorgregh
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2010

Just got back from Madison River and thereabouts. Saw couple of herd of Prong Horns, est. about 50 in each. They were bedded down and feeding right along side of cattle. No Elk on this trip. River was fantastic. Drove up Bear Trap Canyon Road to end at trail head. Need to hike that puppy up into Bear Trap Wilderness. Headed down Hwy 191 along Gallatin River to Big Sky tomorrow.
    • CommentAuthorWillie
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010

Good luck on your trip. Hope you catch some lunkers.
    • CommentAuthorjoestrand

I've been following the discussions about the Bears and the elk and all the wildlife you plan to encounter in Montana. Very interesting. But you have no idea the fear that strikes when you encounter on of theser in you OWN BACKYARD. The fearsome Orange County Bunny. I was in great danger while getting this photo.
    • CommentAuthorWillie

Hey Joe, congratulations on surviving this dangerous encounter. It must have been a "hare raising" experience. It probably took a couple of stiff drinks to calm your nerves. If you see this beast again, maybe you should call Pat.
    • CommentAuthorjoestrand

Willie- Right, it took a couple of margaritas to get me straightened out. I won't need Pat once my dog finds out he's got a rabbit right under his nose. He's a little slow and hasn't discovered his new "yard mate" yet. I hope the little guy can dash out of the way fast enough. He's a cute little guy and I would hate to see furry remains in the morning.
    I peeked over Joe's fence and got this picture.
    • CommentAuthoral seth
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010

Joe thats a good picture Pat took over your fence. But I didn't know you had snow on the ground in the O.C.
    Al - That's sand from Newport Beach. When I told my hunting cat about the rabbit at Joe's house she immediately checked the sights on her rifle by shooting a few out the back window.
    • CommentAuthorjoestrand

Speaking of "wild life" I think this tops pretty much everything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat Chambers
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010 edited

Who's the math guy here? Exactly how far back does she have to lean to keep from falling forward?
    • CommentAuthorWillie

What a waste of good silicone.
    • CommentAuthorgregh
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2010

Pat-

Send me "hair's ears from joe's rabbit. They are used to make trout flies. I Can always use some more. Gallatin River trip was great, saw somw big horn sheep and big breasted coctail waitresses. But nothing on the order of that gal holding up that tree. Yesterday I scouted The Boulder River Valley for 60 miles. I have never seen so many deer. Saw a few prong horn. Best find though was this local bar. Picture attached.
    • CommentAuthoral seth
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2010

i'll tell you one thing for sure, that girl is leaning on that tree to support her lower bacl muscles. Gregh glad to hear besides the wild life you saw some big breasted waitresses
    • CommentAuthorgregh

Al-

The B.B. waitresses must run wild here. Went over Bridger Pass to Wisall then down the River Valley to scout more fishing. While in Wilsall stopped for a Brunch at the local estblishment. Waitress in that small town of 253 soles was a 6-7.5 on the 1 to 10 scale. Since once a good looking gal gets to 8-10 on scale she falls off because of knowing she is really bitchin. this one was of good personality.
    • CommentAuthorWillie

It's amazing how the B.B. waitress can make the food taste better. It also makes you want to order another pitcher of beer. The folks at Hooters have found the right formula.
    Willie - Just exactly which tap do you get your beer from?
    • CommentAuthorWillie

Things are different here in Idaho. The waitresses here make you lose your thirst or appetite. I do my eating and drinking at home. I have to go to Vegas a couple of times per year to remember what a lady looks like.
    • CommentAuthorgregh

Hooters for everybody!!
    Awhile back my son Justin and I went to a place to buy an AR rifle in Costa Mesa. Yes, as always, those that would ban things leave holes in their laws courtesy of their stupidity and you can legally buy an AR in Kalifornistan. Back to the story - when we left the gun store it was time for lunch. The first place we came to was Hooters. While looking over the menu I notice they have fried pickles. Naturally I had to try them and they're not bad. Now if I could just figure out how they fry ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorWillie
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010

What a great father! Taking your son to a gun shop and Hooters on the same trip. How old was he, ten?
    Actually it was the first time I went to Hooters. Justin, on the other hand, had their menu memorized.
    • CommentAuthoral seth
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010

Pat we had fried pickels in some restaurant, can't remember where. They were good so Betty fried some out home. They turned out good so she decided to do some fried sliced jalapenos. They were better then the pickels. Gregh BB waitresses sound better all the time. Willie my condolances on your choice of Idaho waitresses.
    • CommentAuthorWillie
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010

It's not my choice, it's all we have here. It's only April, and the Dodgers are already driving me nuts. It might be a long summer.
    Al - I eat jalapenos all the time. Did Betty slice them or fry them whole?

Willie - Even if it turns out to be a long summer this guy is patient and waiting for you at the 19th hole.
    • CommentAuthoral seth
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2010

Pat, Betty bought the sliced Jalapenos in a jar. Her batter consisted of......a cup of flour, tsp baking powder, 1 egg, 3/4 cup of milk add more if needed, salt, mix together, in seperate bowl, cup of flour, 1/3 cup of finely crushed bread crumbs, salt mix it. I put the onion rings, jalapenos, or pickles in flour mixture, then into batter (I let the batter stop dripping) and then back into the flour mixture and then into the hot oil. I use a Fry Daddy. Anyway, it worked for me. Good Luck. Betty. I will be going up to Santa Rosa to see Steve on Friday, return home Monday. Willie, if the Dodgers could get some pitching they would be fine. There starters and relievers have been bad. If it werent for some good hitting they would be in real trouble. By the way Pat, good picture of the bear.
    • CommentAuthorWillie
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2010

Al, give us a full report on your trip to see Steve. I hope he learns to speak English so you can understand him.
    • CommentAuthorgregh

Hey Men-

Just got back 3 days ago from moving all the rest of my stuff. Tools, Sports goods, etc. 1 more flight to p/u a small 4x4 and I am fully moved out of Washington to Montana. Steve does speak english, but because he is so bright he sounds more like Steven Hawking warning us about aliens.
    • CommentAuthoral seth

Wait til I get Steve drunk in San Francisco he will think hes seeing more then aliens. If anyone has been watching the Lakers it is time to worry. Ok City has been making them look like a bunch of old guys. It's a must win tonight.
    • CommentAuthorsolarsteve
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2010 edited

Hey,
    Mine are eagle aliens not ill.
    they are here.
    They give me the willies. you know.
    I am raising mesquito fish to get back out back.
    willie knows.
    too many thoughts, so few words.
    Watching L.JAMES KICK THE BULLS-good game. now starting to watch the Lakers.
    so what is upsky.